issues and suggestions with plugin

Home Forums Plugins Forum FAT Service Booking issues and suggestions with plugin

This topic contains 12 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Kenus 7 months, 3 weeks ago.

• Author

urza07
    Participant

Hi, I hope this email finds you well

thank you for proving another option for providing another option for booking on envato’s codecanyon, your product is good and i hope that it improves with time, there are some issues and recommendations that i have encountered while using your product, to help you diagnose the problem i have included a report of the system at the end of this email, i’ll provide first the issues, then recommendations and of course you can write me back to handle any access to the site in question.

Site: https://lauratio.com
    Page: https://lauratio.com/book-an-appointment/

Part 1. Issues
    CSS conflicts: some of these i can only describe as CSS conflicts with the theme itself. The7 also provided by envato

The menu doesn’t scroll down on the appointments page, if you try from any other page, the services menu item which includes book an appointment at the end doesn’t work, you can’t simply show the options

CSS styles broken, the original intention was to include the book form for each service or at least the category in the individual services, but all titles colors are overwritten by the plugin, so i have to assign the colors and styles for the titles that would default to black.

Plugin issues: errors and bugs

Shortcode for categories [fat_sb_booking layout=”services” show-category=”1″] don’t show the category but all services and categories

Shortcode for One Service [fat_sb_booking layout=”one-services”] don’t show the service but all services and categories, i thought that [fat_sb_booking layout=”one-services” show-service=”19″] for example would show that service alone, but it doesn’t.

Text is showing incorrectly in service descriptions, any service description that includes “‘s” like:
    Discover your soul’s purpose in a 3-session journey blending Soul Path Roadmap and Soul Realignment®. Embrace life’s purpose! would show as:
    Discover your soul\’s purpose in a 3-session journey blending Soul Path Roadmap and Soul Realignment®. Embrace life\\\\\\\’s purpose!, even after correcting the text and saving it, it would revert to the incorrect description.

Email forms can’t be edited, i tried along with the client to edit the email forms, and no matter how many times we tried to edit the text and save it, it would say “saved” but it would revert to the one provided by the imported text from the demo. i cleared transients drafts even deleted the text all together but it would be regenerated.

Part 2. Recommendations:
    This are some things that could improve the overall experience of your already good plugin make in it even better, in my opinion of course, but that is up to you, this is based on my experience with other booking plugins.

Option to change the plugin colors elements to better fit the theme, this could be the tabs colors and the box and services boxes background to another color, since in some cases it might conflict with themes background colors, (you could see what i mean when you see the page) i know i could change it by editing the custom CSS, but if you include the option is one step less for people that are not versed in CSS.

Option to include the fonts already used on the theme installation, an “if” condition, you might say.

Option to add “time condition” for service, in some cases a service can’t be booked unless some time is needed to prepare for the next session, this would be particular from provider to provider, let’s call it “buffer”, since you are using a gym demo, let’s use that as an example, a fitness trainer in a day might be able to work with a person in a high intensive session maybe twice a day, you could let the trainer set up how much time is need for the service to be provided, if two people try to book that service, the trainer could setup a maximum of the service he could provide in one day and just let the person booking that the service is already full for that day, “please choose another date”. in my client’s case she might need a day or two for some services to be prepared with all the material needed.

if there is only one location and provider is available, the option to not include them in the form is provided, one less step, they are by default anyway.

Part 3. System Report:
    This are the specs of this installation.

Report of the system:
    `
    ### WordPress Environment ###

Home URL: https://lauratio.com
    Site URL: https://lauratio.com
    WP Version: 6.3.1
    WP Multisite: –
    Path to uploads folder: /home2/fyqgedmy/public_html/lauratio/wp-content/uploads
    WP Memory Limit: 512 MB
    FS Accessible: ✔
    WP Debug Mode: ❌
    Language: en_US

### Server Environment ###

Server Info: Apache
    Apache “mod_security” module:: ❌
    PHP Version: 7.4.33
    PHP Post Max Size: 516 MB
    PHP Time Limit: 3000
    PHP Max Input Vars: 5000
    SUHOSIN Installed: –
    ZipArchive: ✔
    MySQL Version: 5.7.23
    Max Upload Size: 512 MB
    GD Library: bundled (2.1.0 compatible)
    cURL: 8.2.1

### The7 Information ###

Current Theme Version: 11.8.1
    Current DB Version: 11.6.0.1
    Installation Path: /home2/fyqgedmy/public_html/lauratio/wp-content/themes/dt-the7
    The7 Server Available: ✔
    Ajax calls with wp_remote_post: ✔

### Active Plugins (25) ###

Ultimate Addons for WPBakery Page Builder: by Brainstorm Force – 3.19.17
    Classic Widgets: by WordPress Contributors – 0.3
    Code Snippets: by Code Snippets Pro – 3.4.2
    The7 Elements: by Dream-Theme – 2.7.6
    Easy Social Share Buttons for WordPress: by CreoApps – 9.2
    Elfsight YouTube Gallery CC: by Elfsight – 3.5.0
    FAT Services Booking: by Roninwp – 5.2
    FluentSMTP: by FluentSMTP & WPManageNinja Team – 2.2.5
    Font Awesome: by Font Awesome – 4.4.0
    WPBakery Page Builder: by Michael M – WPBakery.com – 7.0
    Link Whisper: by Link Whisper – 2.2.7
    Mailster Block Forms: by EverPress – 0.4.1
    Mailster – Email Newsletter Plugin for WordPress (Premium): by EverPress – 3.3.7
    Revealer: by Merkulove – 3.3.2
    Stellar: by Merkulove – 2.2.2
    The7 CLI: by Dream-Theme – 1.0.0
    The7 White-Label Tool: by Dream-Theme – 1.0.1
    WPBakery Page Builder Clipboard: by bitorbit – 5.0.4
    WhatsApp Chat by NinjaTeam: by NinjaTeam – 3.4.4
    Wordfence Security: by Wordfence – 7.10.3
    Yoast SEO Premium: by Team Yoast – 21.0
    Yoast SEO: by Team Yoast – 21.0
    WP Rocket: by WP Media – 3.14.2
    Yoast SEO: Local: by Team Yoast and Arjan Snaterse – 15.0
    Yoast SEO: Video: by Team Yoast – 14.8

Those are the things i discovered so far, if you need and access to the backend, please let me know and i will gladly provide it to you, have a nice day

att.
    Victor Tio-German

• This topic was modified 8 months, 2 weeks ago by  urza07.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.